Welcome to Felixstowe Scribblers

Friday, September 09, 2005

Online Jotters: Posting No. 2





Post Note No 2

onlinejotters@yahoo.co.uk


Posted : 9th September 2005

News :
In our second month membership has now risen to a dozen active members from three countries across Europe. Welcome everyone.

I was heartened to hear from one member, the comment: Scribblers and Online Jotters has given me a great boost – thanks a million.

Is there someone you think might be interested to join Online Jotters? As you know to join we require their full name, a contact e-mail address and their location. You might like to follow my example and send a personal invitation to everyone on your personal e-mail address book? – my friend in Essex said next time she contacts her Australian friend, she will let her know about Online Jotters as her hobby is writing. Maybe we could go global soon?


Yours truly writes:
I intend to ‘interview’ each Online Jotter (via e mail) in turn and use it as a writer’s profile in the future online newsletter. Who wants to be first?

All feedback is welcome as to how you want to see the site develop - for instance would you like others to critique your work? Do you want to share useful writing links? What could you contribute to the joint Scribblers/Online Jotters Anthology?

I am sure everyone has their own thoughts as to how they want the site to develop.

Here is your chance to let everybody know your thoughts.

Worthy of mention and with their permission:

What’s your strong point when it comes to writing – stories, poetry? What genre do you like to work in? An exciting new venture will shortly be announced but for now it’s your space - share your work.

Think on :
Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far to the Writer’s Tennis - we are on a roll – let’s keep it going but remember strictly a 50-word limit.

Part One

I want to be me. Free to do as I want. I hate the humdrum of every day life, sharing a house with those others. I don’t want to repeat the mistakes they made. What’s wrong with me choosing to study, spending time in my room, working on my computer?

Yours Truly

Part Two

I’m doing them no harm. Let them sink lagers and puff on joints. If that’s what does it for them, then fine. I’d rather use my brain than fuse it. This computer is the door of opportunity for me. When I log on I never know where I’ll end up.

M.W.

Part Three

Or who I'll meet on the way. There are so many voices on the internet, their faces made up only by the words they type. That's how I met the most important person in my life right now. A person that would give me the opportunity I so badly needed.

L.V.

Part Four

The opportunity had been a long time coming but now it had arrived, it was decision time. All the hope and hard work I had put in was about to pay dividends. In front of me, on screen. A new beginning at my fingertips. It really was 'now or never…'

D.F.

Remember there is a 50-word limit and also to include your permission should it be chosen for the next part.

Competitions to check online :

Seafield Writing Competition
30.9.05.
Short stories of up to 2,000 words, poems of up to 40 lines. The theme is Friends and Other Strange Creatures. Entry Fee: £3
Entries to: Seafield Publishing, Flat 2, 83 Greens Place, South Shields, NE33 2AQ.

Write Exposure Summer Short Story Competition
30.9.05.
Stories of up to 2,000 words about journeys, anywhere, anyhow. Entry Fee: £8.
Send two copies of story, plus contact details and word count on front sheet to their new address:
Write Exposure, PO Box 3851, Sheffield, S11 0AN

Dark Tales Summer 05 Short Story Competition
31st October 2005.
Stories of up to 2,500 words.Entry Fee: £3.
Email your story to
competition@darktales.co.uk
Post toDark Tales Summer 05 Competition11 Lower Chestnut StreetWorcester WR1 1PB

Ragged Raven's Annual International Poetry Competition
October 31st, 2005
Poem of any length, on any subject and in any style. £3.00 per poem £10 for four poems
Send your entries together with the
Entry form and appropriate entry fee to:Ragged Raven Press International Poetry Competition, 1 Lodge Farm, Snitterfield, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 0LR

Newark Poetry Society 6th Open Poetry Competition
31.10.05.
Poems of up to 40 lines Entry Fee: £3.
Details/Entry Form (send sae): Derek Hughes, Meadow Cottage, Mansfield Road, Farnsfield, NG22 8HG.


Yours truly

18 Comments:

Anonymous "a friend from Essex" said...

Gawd, somebody stop that Jotters tennis, please! Methinks "Yours Truly", M.W., L.V., D.F. are one and the same person producing awful 50-word stuff… “to be continued”.

We trust the 'writer' behind the awful stuff is not the honourable Secretary Dave Feakes – that would be a too malicious prank, indeed.

Monday, September 12, 2005 4:02:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps 'a friend from essex' or wherever they are based, should join the Online Jotters and submit 50 words to to turn the tennis into a REAL storyline. Won't that also prove that each of the submissions are by different people too? So come and do better if you think you can...

The other option is always there - don't bother to log on.

Ciao

Monday, September 12, 2005 7:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Textability Tilly said...

Try it yourself - person from essex

Monday, September 12, 2005 7:15:00 pm  
Anonymous "your - so truly! - friend from Essex" said...

"Yours Truly", M.W., L.V., D.F."Ciao-Anonymous" AND "Textability Tilly" - all of them seem to be - again! - one and the same person.

Um... VERY difficult to guess WHO that might be ;-) Dave?

Monday, September 12, 2005 11:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to the rogue who was on the other month, reviewing the novel 'The James version' they made me chuckle. A few comments, though cheeky were atleast articulate.

Friday, September 16, 2005 6:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in submitting but am not sure what to write. Can the tale be about anything...?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:39:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I peer from the balcony, two great hillock type objests rear confusingly before my eyes. I wipe them, stare blearily for a second or two, and then, damn, I realize, a cold icy chill sweeping up my spine, I am naked and all erect!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much bigger can Mrs Jacobs head get I wonder?!!!

Friday, September 23, 2005 5:40:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quite agree. I have attended the group, and a number of times I felt a slight uppity attitude, and I was a bit upset. But then everyone has to have that surety of themselves and their writing ability.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:53:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacobs is the brand name for crackers!! The one with a very broad opinion of themselves was, I think you meant, Mrs Dugdall. She wrote a novel which was recently published. The opinion has been mixed, I believe.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 12:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefered the origional to The James version. Anyone agree?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure others will have enjoyed the novel. I however just found it a bit slow and plodding. I prefer something a bit pacier.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:25:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you didn't like the novel you have opportunity to tell the author face to face as she is appearing at the library in woodbridge.

Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the same author with/of this famous turkey neck? Opinion seems very strong where she and her work is concerned.
I think there may be people turning up just to see this well publicised ringed neck!

Sunday, October 09, 2005 3:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I just got bored after the first chapter. My advice for this author would be to...go back to the day job luv!
Or, you could advertise the novel, or god forbid others, as a sleeping aid!

Saturday, October 29, 2005 2:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rather enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the part where the cliff face crumbled, hurtling Cathy into the ripping tide, and where Mr Wilcox later emerged, naked but for his wellington boots.
'HURLING SHITE', it was called,

Sunday, October 30, 2005 9:35:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it slow and disappointing following the local advertised hype.
I was convinced I would get gripped further in, but didn't, and I admit I quit in the end.

Monday, October 31, 2005 1:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An accomplished writer, just rather boring. Sorry.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Felixstowe Scribblers Weblog Feed