Welcome to Felixstowe Scribblers

Friday, October 07, 2005

Online Jotters:
Post Note 4.


Posted : 7th October 2005


News : By being a member of Online Jotters you now have three chances to display your writing online – the Writer’s Tennis, the open section Worthy of Mention and now our first ever competition.

---------------------------------------------

Online Jotters announces

THE FIRST OPEN SHORT STORY COMPETITION

Up to 2000 words

No prizes – the best three feature in the Online Jotters Magazine

Closing date 30th November 2005

PLEASE SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS AS ATTACHMENTS TO E MAILS –to Yours Truly at onlinejotters@yahoo.co.uk with permission to print, pen-name, word count and e mail address.

PLEASE NOTE; ONLY ONE SHORT STORY ENTRY PER MEMBER
---------------------------------------------

Prefer writing poetry? then enter

THE FIRST OPEN POETRY COMPETITION

No prizes
Imagine your verses here in the Online Jotters Magazine

Closing date 30th November 2005

Send your email entries to Yours Truly at onlinejotters@yahoo.co.uk

limit THREE poems for consideration per member

Competitions open to all members so involve others– get them to join too.

---------------------------------------------

Thanks to Diane Wilson (N.A.W.G) for offering to be our independent judge.

---------------------------------------------
In our second month already and membership continues to increase – welcome Les, Rachel, Rochelle and Raymond.
Is there someone you think might be interested to join Online Jotters? - to join we require their full name, a contact e-mail address and their location.

Yours truly writes: Shortly I shall be sending each of you a writer’s profile Questionnaire to complete. From this I will then compile a short summary, which you will be able to see and edit if necessary, before its inclusion in the Online Jotters Magazine at the end of the year.

Worthy of mention and with their permission:
Follow Caz’s lead and share your work. This is Caz Wilkinson’s poem, which she wrote recently at Addenbrooke's when her mobile wouldn't work.

(WAT) WOMEN AND TECHNOLOGY

Women and Technology
That’s what Karl would say!
As my mobile's not working
And does not want to play

I did change the battery
As he told me to do
Then put it on charge
But the air here is blue!

Low battery it tells me
Although plugged in all night
Please help me out here
With my simple plight

Great when they’re working
Helps keep me ‘in touch’
But answering to a mobile
Has become just too much!

I’ll scream in a moment
Because all I want to do
Is send a short message
To my Dearest it’s true!

Terri to the rescue
With her charger now
Then when fully charged
I will manage somehow

Just how did we cope
Without new fangled things
Although if I’m honest
I’m less lonely when it rings!

Think on : Imagine that – apparently the opening chapter of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was brewing in J.K. Rowling's mind for thirteen years!. Let’s hope the response to the following doesn’t take that long!


Writers Tennis strictly 50 word limit

Part One

I want to be me. Free to do as I want. I hate the humdrum of every day life, sharing a house with those others. I don’t want to repeat the mistakes they made. What’s wrong with me choosing to study, spending time in my room, working on my computer?

Yours Truly

Part Two

I’m doing them no harm. Let them sink lagers and puff on joints. If that’s what does it for them, then fine. I’d rather use my brain than fuse it. This computer is the door of opportunity for me. When I log on I never know where I’ll end up.

Mike W.

Part Three

Or who I'll meet on the way. There are so many voices on the internet, their faces made up only by the words they type. That's how I met the most important person in my life right now. A person that would give me the opportunity I so badly needed.

Louis V.

Part Four

The opportunity had been a long time coming but now it had arrived, it was decision time. All the hope and hard work I had put in was about to pay dividends. In front of me, on screen. A new beginning at my fingertips. It really was ‘now or never’

Dave F.

Part Five
Sure, I had a good job, one I really liked; how many people can say that? Indispensable? Yes ... NO, of course not, my ego isn't THAT big, is it? But still, his proposal was so very tempting.Deb F.

Part Six

But like many proposals and cherry pie ideas, there was always the small print to consider. What was hidden and what was extra? Maybe it seemed too good and then it could be that I as being overly cautious. Only time and truth would reveal if it would work out

Mark W.

Part Seven

Indecision struck yet again. Should I do this? Oh Lord, yes! I must and it had to be now. I needed to check the details, ensure the offer was genuine and without hidden agenda's. Then I could commit myself to a life-changing career.

"Stuart Fox," he answered.

Dave F

Please include in your email your permission should it be chosen for the next part.

Check online : A site sent to me by a relation in Scotland who loves poetry: www.allisonsheart.com is well worth a visit.

Until the next time : As we are presently going through the Adoption process ourselves perhaps its not surprising that this caught my eye? Channel Four are looking for people aged 65 plus willing to take part in a two-part series about grand parenting.

Inspired by the story of an 80-year-old Italian, who advertised for a surrogate family and was inundated with offers from families, Zig Zag Productions are looking for British people who would relish the chance to befriend a grandparent-less family.

They are asking for people whose knowledge and experience of life could benefit the younger generation or if you are a family looking for a grandparent.

Interested? call Jess on 0207 017 8765 or email family@zigzag.uk.com

Yours truly




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Felixstowe Scribblers Weblog Feed