Welcome to Felixstowe Scribblers

Monday, May 09, 2005

Writing help requested....
and an inspirational tale.....

Dave writes....



Just received an interesting email from Karen McLinton. Please read it and if you would like to help Karen write her book please contact her direct at forestgumponabike@yahoo.com. She has a website at www.freetibetworldbikeride.com



******



My name is Karen McLinton and I have recently completed a bike ride through 12 countries. Nothing
unusual there you might say, except seven years ago I couldn't walk. I was eventually diagnosed with M.E but during that time I couldn't speak, couldn't read, write or process anything like the television or radio. I had no co-ordination, couldn't even remember how to make a cup of tea and, for 3 years, slept for up to 20 hours a day.



Why am I writing to you today? I am currently in India, writing a book about my bike ride around the
world, but I need help! I am wondering if there may be any budding writers interested in my story who might like to help me write my book. I am now on chapter four and can send what I have if anyone might be keen to read more. I had an offer of help from an American lady but I feel British and American humour is so very different that I cannot work with her. I am not a writer, however, I think I have a very good story to tell.



Why did I take my bike ride? I needed a lifeline, something to fight for, a reason to keep going and it
came along in the most unlikely form. A book called "The Wind in my Wheels," by Josie Dew. I took about 3 months to read the book but when I finished I put it down on my coffee table and thought, "Pah, any fool can ride a bike, I can do that!" A rather bold claim considering that when I could walk I spent most of my time bumping into things!



But I never gave up and went on to push a 63kg bike and myself over 20,000km around the world.



If you would like to know more please contact me.



I would like to find someone with a great sense of humour, perhaps someone who has traveled, although I have an entirely different perspective from a bike, someone who will also be able to convey how much the bike ride changed me and sensitively portray the issue of Tibet. A lot to ask I know!



I have a website: www.freetibetworldbikeride.com, if anyone would like to read a little more. If you would like to contact me by e-mail I look forward to your reply.



Yours sincerely



Karen McLinton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Felixstowe Scribblers Weblog Feed