Welcome to Felixstowe Scribblers

Friday, May 27, 2005

News....

Hi Scribblers,



A few items that will interest you.



*****


Remember Jacqui Loose? Here's an invite from her..



Very warm invite to all Scribblers.



2005 Fine Art Degree Show
2nd Floor, R Block
Suffolk College, Ipswich
car park at back of College, just off the roundabout at the bottom of Bishops Hill/ Back Hamlet.



Private View 3rd June 6.30 - 9 pm ( ALL of you most welcome)



Sat 4th & Sun 5th June 10am - 4pm


6th, 7th & 8th June 10am - 7pm



Hope everything is well with the Scribblers & I still think of the super way you all engaged and welcomed me, helping me with my project. Time has been limited because of College but I cannot believe three years have passed by so quickly, I must have had alot of fun!! I have certainly met some super people on the way.



very best regards


jacqui Loose



*****


From Morag



Well, they say bad things happen in threes so I'm a bit wary about leaving the house. Not only did my computer crash, as you know, but yesterday mycar was smashed up on the A14 slip road to Trimley by a car driving into the back of me at speed. He was trying to beat a car on the roundabout (that I had stopped for) and didn't see me. So - not my fault!!! Luckily his insurance company have been in touch accepting liability and offering to pay for a courtesy car while mine is fixed ( if it can be fixed - Lewis thinks the chassis has been damaged). But nothing's turned up yet, so I am without transport at the moment. Ho hum. What else can happen?
Don't answer that. My neck hurts and Lewis thinks I should get it checked over by a doctor, but I'm sure it will be ok. It was just an accident, after all. The poor man's car was in a much worse state than mine - crumpled bonnet, radiator, broken lights etc - quite a mess. However, I did feel a bit shakey once I got home. The half bottle of wine afterwards helped.



*****


From Rachel



Aologies for missing the last two sessions. It is exam time for me and I am overwhelmed with marking. And to make matters worse my daughter fell over and badly damaged her coccyx, so life has been very fraught, and I haven't even had a chance to send my apologies. I will certainly do my best to be at the next one though.



*****


From Caz



Just a quickie (what else!). We are off to Addenbrooke's for more Chemotherapy this afternoon [Tuesday] earlier than scheduled just as soon as a bed is available so please could you let the others know to save me sending this out to them all.



It was great to see you all last week too and we hope to come again in the future when Jack is well enough. I will try and do the long piece for homework but it will depend on how things are of course. I will also try and get Jack to write a little something (as he isn't at school much it will be good for him to write instead of playing!) I know I'm mean!! We did take him to see Star Wars on Sunday though so I do allow treats too.



Bye for now and once again bless you and the 'gang' for being such a great support to us all. We really appreciate it very much indeed.



Lots of love Caz, Karl and Jack (our boy who we are so proud of because of the way he copes with his illness - putting us to shame sometimes) xxx



*****


From Ruth



My novel is being printed and I expect the box of books to arrive any day - then I`ll have the job of selling them! As i`ve funded most of it myself I`ve got to sell quite a few to break even, but I`m glad i`ve done it...
Anyway, hope to be `back in the fray` soon...



*******


from Jan......Dave Writes.....



Remember the BBC Short Story competition? Well Jan has tried to follow up and find out whether it will ever end as it has been going for well over a year now. This is the reply she received from the Beeb...



"We are still running the short story, it will be promoted more in the coming weeks both on the BBC Suffolk Website and on BBC Radio Suffolk so hopefully it will be completed soon.



As per our competition rules only the winner will be contacted directly and the name will also be posted on our website."





BBC Short Story competition
and then perhaps have a go at the story line. As you will see from the site, it has been mostly Scribblers work...-






Keep sending out those nice thoughts to everyone in need -



Moreover,



Keep Scribbling!!!



Dave

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save your money folks, its shit, buy a dictionary instead

Saturday, October 29, 2005 2:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, a hyped plodding mass of words.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 12:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Felixstowe Scribblers Weblog Feed