Welcome to Felixstowe Scribblers

Monday, September 03, 2007

NEWSLETTER FROM THE ONLINE SCRIBBLERS

ONLINE SCRIBBLERS NEWSLETTER No 7 SEPTEMBER 2007

The year is flashing by and summer, such as it has been, is drawing to a close. We’re in September already and so, with nights rapidly drawing in, we might find ourselves confined to our computer screens.

I am pleased that we had eleven entries for the summer short story competition which really is splendid especially as they have been posted from far and wide - Australia and Ireland as well as from the Felixstowe area. So thankyou to everyone who supported the competition and best of luck with your entries.

In my humble opinion the standard is remarkably high and I am pleased to say that online voting is now in place for you to register your choices. Each member is entitled to cast two votes, and, if you have entered your own work, you may of course vote once for your own. Dave at Felixstowe Scribblers reckons that it’s the only way I’ll get a vote!

If you didn’t enter then you are still very welcome to read the entries and cast your votes. Every entry deserves to be read!

To vote, simply go to the competition page as usual and follow the instructions there. Recognising there are many words to be read with all the entries, Debs and I have agreed to close the voting on Sunday 22nd September. The winner will be notified and announced the following day, so the very best of luck and may the best entry win!

One of our members, Rochelle, has suggested using a picture as a subject for the next competition and sent in a couple of possibilities. Dave tells me that another of our members, Belinda (writingbee) set a homework for Felixstowe Scribblers based on a photograph that she submitted. The visual topic added to the creativity and fun and though Belinda flew back to Australia, all the results were forwarded to her. Such a competition whets the appetite so I hope when the time comes, you will enjoy entering!

If you have any ideas you would like Online Scribblers to adopt then please let me know and I will do my best to oblige. You can always email me at organiser@onlinescribblers.com or PM me in the forums.

Here’s to success!

Vincent West
Organiser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Felixstowe Scribblers Weblog Feed